Monday, April 29, 2013

DIY Floral Crown


DIY Floral Crown

 
photo
 I have been obsessed, and when I mean obsessed, I mean OBSESSED, with Lana Del Rey. To me, she has complete goddess status. She is always seen with her signature dramatic floral crown, and when I first saw a picture of her donning a floral crown in a ethereal set of photos, I instantaneously feel in love. I never bought a floral crown because they are quite expensive on websites like Etsy. Fast forward to the end of the summer 2012 and I caved in and bought a floral crown at a music festival (this one was only $7!). The one I got was a toned down version of the full crown. It was decorated with simple and small flowers and small teal beads.

For this summer, I wanted something more substantial – so I decided to make one! And I would definitely wear this to Coachella  or any music festival.
IMG_4532 (1)
What you will need:1. Fake flowers
2. Wire (green wire is even better!)
3. Floral Tape
photo (3)
photo (6)Repeat this step! Add as many flowers as you like. I made both a small floral crown and a full sized one.
photo (2)After you have added enough flowers…
photo (5)
photo (4)photo (1)…And you’re done!
My smaller crown:
photo (11)
photo (7)
…And my full crown, in complete Lana Del Rey glory.
photo (12)
photo (8) And my full outfit for Coachella day number two! I don’t think I am brave enough to wear just a bustier anywhere else besides at a festival haha.
Happy festival-ing!
Ab

No comments:

Post a Comment